1. He never holds back his emotions… like it or not, he is always himself.
2. He is persistent… not always such an easy trait to deal with, but one of the ones I am the most proud of.
3. He loves me the same NO MATTER WHAT… even if I’m not feeling very loveable.
4. He forgives me… much faster than I deserve and much faster than I am capable of forgiving.
5. He teaches me patience… even if it’s the hard way. Every. Single. Time.
These past few weeks have been rough. And I thought things were actually getting better, but three is a tough age. It’s tough to have a three year old, and even more tough, I imagine, to BE a three year old (okay, maybe not). This is a reminder for myself and every parent out there, no matter what your child’s age and whether they (or you) are spirited or not, that there will always be days you will feel frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. But there’s more reasons to love them than there are reasons to bang your head against a wall, so hang in there.